AOL is one of the most popular email services active today. Millions of users around the world use this free web-based email service for personal as well as business communication. AOL mail has a wide range of features including virus and spam protection. The best thing about AOL mails is that it is compatible with all major internet browsers and operating systems. Users may sometimes experience errors when trying to set up their AOL mail accounts on Mac for the first time. This article provides a simple step-by-step guide on how to configure AOL mail on a Mac device. You can also contact AOL helpline number for additional information on how to complete the setup process.
Step to set up AOL mail on Mac
The setup method for AOL mail is different depending on which operating system you have. Here are the steps to access your AOL email account using your Mac device:
- Step 1: Go to the applications folder on your Mac and open ‘Mail’.
- Step 2: Navigate to the ‘File’ section and tap ‘Add Account’.
- Step 3: When the ‘General Information’ window opens, choose ‘IMAP’ as account type and click on ‘Continue’
- Step 4: In the Account Description section type out any title. For example, “My Mail”.
- Step 5: Enter your AOL email in the field provided. For example “email@example.com”
- Step 6: When you are asked for Incoming Mail Server enter “imap.aol.com”
- Step 7: Type in your AOL screen name as your username. For example “John Doe”
- Step 8: The same goes with the password. Enter your AOL password in the given field.
- Step 9: For Outgoing Mail Server you can enter “smtp.aol.com”
- Step 10: Make sure you entered the details correctly and tick the “Use Authentication” box. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Step 11: Enter the username and password the same as in step 7 and step 8. Check the details and click ‘Continue’ to confirm.
If you follow these steps in the correct sequence then you should not have any trouble setting up your AOL email account.
Additional Troubleshooting Solutions
In case you are unable to use AOL mail on your Mac device even after following the given set up process you can try the troubleshooting methods mentioned below:
- Certify your AOL mail account settings:Check if the email settings and the user account information you have given are accurate.
- Refresh your mailbox: When you open the Mac Mail Window you will see the ‘Inbox’ button on the left pane. It should be right below the option to ‘Setup AOL account’. You can click on this option to refresh your AOL mailbox.
- Restart Mac Mail: Sometimes the error could be with the Mac Mail application and not with your email account. In that case, you should close the app, restart your Mac device and try logging in again.
If the problem persists and you are still finding it difficult to set up your AOL mail account on the Mac device you should call the AOL phone number and speak to a trained expert about addition technical assistance.
Read more here - contact aol customer support phone number
Source URL: Unable to set up AOL mail on a Mac