Not every time you need the replacement of the battery when it gives a problem! Most of the times, the problem is a small one which can be identified & rectified by the electrician. However, you have to buy a new car battery in Adelaide when the troubleshooting reveals that there is no other alternative other than that. It is a complex technical decision which requires some preparation & study.
- Here are some essential and useful tips for buying a superior battery in Adelaide.
- Always choose a battery group size recommended by the manufacturer of your car. Yes, battery group sizes are different, and one size doesn’t fit all. You need to check the one that fits the physical dimension.
- You need to check the electrical system of the car.
- Check the cranking voltage and alternator charging voltage. They should be more than 9.8 volts and 13.8 volts to 14.5 volts across the battery terminal respectively.
- Buy a fresh battery. Yes, like you do when buying bread, you should be careful about the manufacturing date while buying a battery. Even when the battery is sitting on the shelf, it loses some of the power. Thus, you do not get optimum performance during the first use.
- You need to check whether the battery offers a hassle-free warranty or not. Is the warranty valid across the country? Does it allow you to access the service anywhere in Australia? For how long will you get a free replacement? All these questions need to be answered by the dealer when you buy a battery.
- You should purchase it from a dealer who offers the best value for money. Other than reasonable price, you should get hassle-free installation and service.
- You must ensure that the battery supplier takes the old battery and disposes of it in an environment-friendly manner. If not, then you should find out the designated collection center in the town. You should get a discounted price if the dealer is ready to take the old battery. Though it is a small amount, you should get it from the dealer.
A car batter plays a vital role in the performance of the car. Hence, it is not a wise thing to buy a new one hastily. Spend some time in research. Read about different types of batteries on the Internet & make a comparative chart. Combining the information with the points mentioned here result in buying the best battery for your car.