Stargate Full Movie Hd Download ->>->>->> http://urllio.com/r07rp
Original Title: Stargate
An interstellar teleportation device, found in Egypt, leads to a planet with humans resembling ancient Egyptians who worship the god Ra.
A giant structure found in the desert has studied by various scientist for nearly fifty years and are no where near discovering what it is. Until Daniel jackson, a language expert deciphers and reveals that it's a Stargate. He also discovers how to make it work. They then learn that it's some kind interstellar transport device. Now a group of soldiers led by despondent Colonel Jack O'Neill go to the planet, also accompanying them is Jackson, who said that he can reactivate the Stargate to send them back but he forgot to mention that he needs to find the symbols and they can't find anything, so it appears that they are trapped. And if that isn't enough, some aliens arrive and capture them and have nefarious plans for Earth.
I love this movie! It has action, adventure, romance...in other words, everything.
James Spader as the "geeky" (but sweet) archeologist Daniel Jackson is just...great. His performance lifts the movie, if it is possible.
Kurt Russell is also really really good as Colonel Jack O'Neil, he sure looks the part! :)
The only thing I didn't like it the "swedish" talk in the beginning...I'm from Sweden, and believe me...the people talking swedish there can't possibly be from here! :) But oh well, that's just a small point.
I give this movie 10+ out of ten!
Also..if you like this, don't miss Stargate-SG1, the TV-series based on this movie..with Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) as Jack O'Neill..it's a great "spin-off"!
Bumbling, allergy-sneezing, penniless Egyptologist, Dr. Daniel Jackson (James Spader) suddenly gets a nice job offer. This is good news, since his last lecture was a failure, due to his controversial theories about ancient civilization. Presenting the position is Catherine (Viveca Lindfors), who curiously works for the United States Air Force. At a secret enclave in Colorado, Dr. Daniel discovers an Egyptian artifact he never knew existed. It is, as he translates it from the inscriptions, a "stargate", an opening into another part of the universe. The huge spiral has other codes which no one can break. Until now, for Dr. Jackson knows his stuff. With his help, the gate suddenly appears, in a flash of brilliance. A mechanical probe, sent in to take readings, brings back the information that it has entered another planet, very similar to earth, galaxies away. Therefore, a manned operation is planned. Along with Dr. Daniel, the troupe of players will consist mainly of military personnel, headed by Colonel Jack (Kurt Russell). With grit and fortitude, they cross through the gate. Once over, they find pyramids, like those in Egypt, which confirm Dr. Daniel's belief that the huge buildings were not built by the ancient Egyptians. But, they also make two other startling discoveries. Firstly, there is a primitive culture of humans, similar to nomadic Arabic tribes, at work in the mines of the planet. Are they indeed from earth? Secondly, the mineral in question is needed by the ruler of the planet, who arrives in his elaborate spaceship from time to time. He is Ra (Jaye Davidson), the sun god of the Egyptians, who has used the ore as a rejuvenation tool for over 10,000 years. It works very well, as he still appears as a young man, very handsome and lithe. In fact, he was once the last member of a dying alien race who searched the universe for a new body. He found one, one of a young male, in ancient Egypt and took it over. With his help, the great civilization on the Nile appeared and the stargate was established between the planets, Ra's home and earth. Whew. However, problems arose and Ra buried the stargate and fled. Now, he is terribly distressed that modern humans have arrived to upset the apple cart. The American military versus a sun god, just who will win? And, can the Yankees make it back home? This a grand movie that truly deserves the phrase "out of this world". Before it spawned a television series, Stargate was this brilliant film, with a tremendous scope, settings, costumes, musical score, ideas, cast, and visual effects. Its fusion of Egyptology and intergalactic travel is truly awe-inspiring and has to be viewed to be appreciated. That said, the cast is also very fine, with Spader, Russell, Lindfors, Mili Avatel, French Stewart, and especially Davidson doing great work. A star of the much-lauded movie The Crying Game, Davidson was also magnificent here as the imperial Ra, even though he has no English dialogue. Just where did this talented actor go? No matter, his presence is preserved here forever. If you are a science fiction fan or just love quality films, this is one to seek out tonight. Rush out the door, pass through your own gate and speed off to the nearest DVD store.
The film has flashes of psychedelic visual energy, but its story is limp.
Generally speaking, the continuity between the shows and films matches the order of their broadcast and original DVD release. In order to maintain the highest degree of continuity in your viewing of the Stargate franchise, follow this guide (don't worry, there are no plot spoilers here):
1) Stargate the Movie. Ah, there's no better place to begin than at the beginning. The television series picks up where the Kurt Russell and James Spader flick leaves off. Watch the 1994 film to be introduced to Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Share (or Shauri), Skaara and the rest.
2) Stargate SG-1, Seasons One through Seven. This covers the show's run from 1997 to 2004, before its spin-off Stargate Atlantis premiered. Starting with the pilot movie Children of the Gods, the story picks up one year after the original.
3) SG-1 Season Eight & Atlantis Season One. During the 2004-2005 season, Sci-Fi Channel paired the two shows on Friday nights and the writers wrote the timeline accordingly. For the most part, the shows' continuity remained cleanly separated (there are only a few passing references, such as in Prometheus Unbound). If you don't mind going back and forth, be sure to start with SG-1's two-parter New Order and then watch Atlantis's Rising. Then alternate, making sure to watch both parts of the SG-1 season finale Moebius before The Siege.
If you'd rather not alternate between the two series, watch SG-1 first. You can even finish all 10 seasons before starting Atlantis, though there will be the occasional reference to the other show and one big crossover episode, Season Ten's The Pegasus Project.
4) SG-1 Season Nine & Atlantis Season Two. The same goes for the 2005-2006 broadcast season. There are less points of contact in continuity this year, so it's not as big a deal to watch them alternately or to watch SG-1 first.
5) SG-1 Season Ten & Atlantis Season Three. Same for 2006-2007. Stargate SG-1 concluded its television run with Unending (leaving the primary storyline from the final two years unfinished). Again, there weren't a lot of direct points of contact (beside the occasional aside) during this year.
6) Stargate: The Ark of Truth. The SG-1 team's first direct-to-DVD movie wraps up the storyline from the last two years of the show. Pick it up after Unending, no need to finish the third season of Atlantis first.
7) Atlantis Season Four. There's a major cast change with the fourth season of the show, so you'll want to have watched all of SG-1 and The Ark of Truth before continuing on into this season. (The last two years of Stargate Atlantis ran by itself, after SG-1 was cancelled.)
8) Atlantis Season Five's Search and Rescue. The start of the fifth season concludes the Season Four cliffhanger, and ends with another cast change. There's also a line of dialogue which places it immediately before the second SG-1 movie.
9) Stargate: Continuum. Though it is a stand-alone adventure for the team, it is set chronologically just after Search and Rescue. You'll see why. Continuum also wraps up another story (that of a recurring villain) from SG-1's television run.
10) Atlantis Season Five, episodes 2 through 20. After Continuum, pick up with the rest of Atlantis's final season.
11) Stargate Universe Season One. The Director's Cut features approx. 8 minutes of new footage not featured in the Theatrical Version. Basically extended plot scenes were added, making the movie a bit more interesting. It shows two of Ra's petrified soldiers. According to Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin, when the uprising happened on Earth and Ra's forces were defeated there, the people quickly buried the Stargate, so no new soldiers could come to Earth to take back control. Apparently, some of them tried; they were directly 'beamed' into stone.
End of the Night full movie free download
Shaolin Soccer hd full movie download
The Next Karate Kid full movie in hindi free download mp4
Ben 10 movie mp4 download
Episode 1.204 movie in hindi dubbed download
Lost in Space full movie in hindi 720p
Episode 3.3 720p torrent
Nightveil: Witchwar full movie hd 1080p download kickass movie
Download Ghost Family full movie in hindi dubbed in Mp4
Fever full movie online free