Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 80070057, and don’t know how to deal with it? Well, need not to worry, this blog is written with an aim to brief the readers with the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 80070057. The users can encounter this error when the user makes an attempt to open the company file, which is due to parameter being incorrect. This type of error can also be witnessed due to insufficient permission to delete the files on any specific folder. Reading out the blog post below, will help you in understanding the various possible causes and solutions to this error.
However, in order to save time, you can speak to our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number +1-800-880-6389, and let our executives tackle the issue for you.
Factors leading to error 80070057
There are certain factors that might end up in this error. A few of those factors are listed below:
- Double clicking the company file, instead of opening a company file inside the QB desktop.
- Firewall configuration not updated in QuickBooks.
- Using bit defender that helps in blocking the uncommon ports at the time when it shows traffic between computers.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation
- Working on a file located in USB flash drive
Fixing QuickBooks error code 80070057
Verification of company file name extension
- The first step in this process is to right-click the company file
- And then, select the properties option
- Moving ahead, the user is required to tap on the QuickBooks tab
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to note the file extension in the file name filed.
- The last and final step is to hit Ok.
Change the extension
- Form a new folder
- Then copy the company file and then paste it into a new folder
- After that, right-click the new folder and select rename
- Once done with that change the file extension to .qbm
- And then click anywhere, in order to save changes
- The next step in the process is to restore the portable by simply opening QuickBooks desktop
- In case the user is facing any kind of problem while opening QuickBooks, he/she is supposed to rename the extension to .qbb
- Now, open the QB desktop, followed by restoring the backup
- In case the file doesn’t open, then the user is supposed to rename the extension to .qbx
- And lastly, open QB convert to an Accounting copy
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- The user is required to open the Windows explorer and open QuickBooks desktop
- After that, visit the file option and then right click the new folder
- And the next step is to copy the companyfile.qbw from the flash drive and then paste the same to a new folder
- The last and final step is to open QuickBooks desktop and open a new folder.
With this we come to the end of this blog post. We hope that the steps enumerated above will help the QuickBooks user to fix the QuickBooks error code 80070057 in one go.
However, if by any chance the error continues to trouble you, then feel free to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team and get the error resolved in no time. Just dial our toll-free number +1-800-880-6389, and you are good to go.