Microsoft Teams gives you a whole lot of features to work with, such as video calling, file sharing, etc. It is a collaboration software and a segment of Suite 365 applications.
Microsoft Teams was introduced in 2017 and has been working effectively since then. There are its features and tips which not only makes your job easy but saves a lot of time.
Let us begin by talking about these tips:
- Collaboration Meetings
You can conduct collaborative meetings with the people far off instead of travelling all the way to their place to talk. Now, the question arises who all can attend and be a part of the meeting? The answer to your question is a person with an email account.
Someone who doesn’t have the Microsoft Teams application installed can still join the meeting via browser with an email account. The browser doesn’t give the same options as an application but it is still an excellent way to be a part of the conference.
- Schedule meetings from within
You can opt to start a meeting now or schedule it for later from within the teams. Click on the meetings icon and schedule a meeting by filling in the details in a calendar.
- Sharing files and documents
The Microsoft Teams not only lets you share your documents but also enables your guests to do the same. A guest must have an office 365 account for the host to add him/her to the meeting.
To add them to the meeting, click the three-dotted icon in front of the group you want to add them to. Next window will appear where you’ll have to enter the email address and tap on the ‘Add’ button.
- Chats in Microsoft Team
The chat feature of Microsoft Teams works in the same manner as any other chat feature does. Some tips for using Chats feature are:
- Reply – A reply is must if you account yourself a part of your team. Click on the ‘Reply’ button to add to the conversation and give your suggestions.
- Conversation on a document – To start a previous discussion regarding a document, select and open the document. Click on the ‘Start Conversation’ button on the top.
- Subject – Adding a title to the chat adds the objective of the conversation for the members to view.
- GIFs – GIF can add a little fun element to your conversations. It can be used or avoided as per your convenience.
- Bookmark important information
You can save important messages with the help of the ‘Sash’ icon available on the top of each message. Whenever you’ve to find a message saved long back, go to your profile by clicking on the profile picture on the top right of the screen. Then, click on the ‘Saved’ option that will give you the list of all the saved messages or anything else that you saved.
- Working with the Tabs
Tabs make it easy for you to access a file or folder, and saves a lot of time. To create a tab, go to your channel window and click on the ‘+’ icon. Search for anything you want to create a tab for. Give the tab a name and then click on the ‘Save’ button to make the changes.
- Translate Messages
Microsoft Teams enables you to translate the messages in your language. To translate a message, click the three-dotted icon in front of the text, and click on the ‘Translate’ button from the drop-down menu.
- Record your Meetings
You can record your team meetings for later use as well. Recording a meeting helps you gain points if you missed any or share it with someone who couldn’t attend the meeting.
The steps to record a meeting are:
- Click on the three-dotted menu button.
- Select the ‘Start Recording’ button.
- Your meeting will start getting recorded. Once your meeting gets over, click on the ‘Stop Recording’ button to stop.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : Microsoft