Asbestos was widely found in building materials from the 1940s to the late 1980s. The material was employed owing to it being durable, fire resistant and a very efficient substance for insulating. It absolutely was and remains a standard feature in the majority of older homes. However, since the health risks associated using its usage have now been recognized, asbestos is no further being mined or being promoted in Australia.
From the start of 2004, it is no longer even being imported or found in any products manufactured in Australia. Actually its removal is being encouraged in situations where it poses health related risks. However, the US Environmental Protection Agency recommends when the asbestos is unbroken, it could be best if it were left alone because touching or interfering with it may pose increased hazards.
1. Wet Removal Method
This technique is the absolute most favoured. The asbestos fibers get suppressed through having water poured over them under minimal pressure, to ensure that odds of the fibres getting airborne are reduced. Little if any dust gets generated since the water is low pressure. If necessary, a soap could possibly be included with the low pressure water to boost the absorption rate. During the whole removal the bathroom surface must remain wet throughout. This approach is ideal for the removal of bathroom asbestos tiles.
2. Dry Removal Method
This method works extremely well in situations where water possibly could pose a security hazard, such as for example when somebody working around bathroom electric conductors and live wires. Other situations will be when doing the removal in fully or partially enclosed areas.
3. Water Injection And Saturation Method
With this technique, the asbestos gets completely soaked in water just in case it is extremely thick, like a bathroom floor. Water gets directed injected onto the friable asbestos material employing a precise injecting head having inlets and outlets of water. Afterwards, the injectors must certanly be disposed as asbestos waste.
Precautions And Safety Steps During Removal
If the restroom asbestos removal work is large scale, these precautions must be observed:
- The asbestos remover must be a licensed person permitted to undertake large scale removal of non-friable and friable asbestos
- While removing the asbestos material from the toilet, the workers ought to put on suitable respirators and protective coveralls to minimize risks of inhalation.
For removal work that is small scale or being done by the homeowner himself, all safety precautions specified by the neighborhood authorities should really be observed.
- Indicate to any or all that hazardous work is beginning using suitable notices. Ideally, the removal work must certanly be performed when the other home residents are away his comment is here. Remember this can be a bathroom which will be used regularly by house residents.
- Have the location barricaded or cordoned off to regulate human traffic into the area due to their safety.
- The Australian Code of Practice for the safe removal of Asbestos (2002), stresses that labeled tape might be deployed as a barrier.
- All those people who are mixed up in removal work should wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as respirators, coveralls and gloves. These equipments should be the recommended ones and should be thoroughly inspected before the task commences and removed safely after the removal work is finished.
Vancouver Asbestos Removal Pros
254 E.12th Avenue Suite 309
Vancouver, BC V5T 3G9