Generally, when someone talks about a site, the frontend where the visitor engages is what pops up in our mind. However, the majority of the magic happens in the backend. The backend is believed to be the driver of a website, and this is the place where the developers get to decide how the site will function.
As the complexity of the technology grew, frameworks have become an essential part of web development. Depending on the functions and features you want to have on your website, the framework you select for your site will determine its nature of success and functionality. The best website developers are skilled with these latest technologies, but most specialize. In this blog, we are going to discuss four top web development frameworks available in the market to help you make a decision.
Node.js has become quite popular within the developer’s community in the past few years. As a result, Express gained a solid reputation becoming one of the most preferred backend web development frameworks. This popularity is accredited to its minimal and flexible nature that provides plenty of room for powerful features that a developer needs. This flexibility makes it an ideal framework for both single-page as well as multi-page applications. For all we know, the most intriguing factor of the Express framework is that it leverages Node.js performance allowing for a light coating of applications without hiding the node’s features.
Express is compatible with multiple other frameworks, including Sails, LoopBack, and Kranken. Due to its flexibility and minimalism, big brands and companies like Twitter, Stacks, and Accenture utilize Express.
In addition to all these features, there are several other pros of Express, it:
- Supports a large number of plugins allowing you to add more features and functions in your web application.
- Does not come with any definitive way of organizing your routes since it is not assertive. This makes more room for creativity and flexibility.
- Has an easy and straightforward set.
Within the developer’s community, Python is one of the most popular programming languages. Django is a Python-based framework. It encompasses almost all features and elements that a developer might need for their project, therefore excluding or at least minimizing the requirement for third-party plugins.
Several reputed companies, including Instagram, Pinterest, Spotify, Dropbox, and The Washington Post, utilize Django. Their preference for Django can be attributed to it being fast, simple, secure, and accommodatable for most web applications making room for flexibility. Also, the framework is detailed and well-established, making it reliable.
Other than these factors, there are several pros that Django comes with, such as:
- Being written in Python, it is highly customizable, which allows the addition of multiple features while retaining its compatibility with most operating systems and databases.
- Robust security features
- Easy to scale up or down, given it is set up on Python
- It has comprehensive documentation and an equally vast community, making support handily accessible.
Renowned for its robust web application building capacities, this framework comes with most elements that a developer would need for backend web development. The most interesting facet of Laravel is possibly the fact that it utilizes the most popular programming language — PHP.
It’s structure, and design makes it friendly for both beginners as well as expert developers. In spite of being a moderately new framework, its exquisite and expressive structure lets you explore more customization options in the backend web development. It is due to these characteristics that big companies like 9GAG, MasterCard, Ratio, and BBC adopt the Laravel framework in developing their products.
Some other pros of using Laravel are:
- Faster product development enables efficient use of time. The framework is open-source, and ever since its creation, it has been upgraded with numerous prebuilt features and functions. This allows for easy and fast web application development.
- It comes with better authorization and authentication options, making it especially ideal for business applications that require credentials verification via registration or login.
- Its queue service lets you put off time-consuming chores that are responsible for slowing down web applications. Thus, it helps in building faster applications.
- Laravel has decent documentation and a large community making it easier to access support, new features, and functionalities.
Although being open-source has built a large community and room for creating the framework, the main drawback of using Laravel is that it lacks built-in support, meaning one has to depend on third-party tools for solutions.
One of the most versatile backend frameworks available in the market, .Net Core’s popularity has experienced an upright growth over the last few years. In the coming few years, it is liable to become the most preferred framework among web developers.
This sudden popularity is accredited to multiple features, and some of the advantages of using .Net Core framework are:
- Enhanced performance due to code optimization. Here you do not have to change the code for optimization, unlike other frameworks. Its core compiler optimizes your code automatically.
- You require fewer lines of codes enabling developers to accomplish high-level projects with minimal code documentation. Less coding time also makes it cost-effective. Moreover, this framework is friendly for beginner developers due to this.
- It requires easy maintenance once deployed.
- If you want to create a cloud-based web application, this framework is an ideal option. It is very suitable for customizing online stores and business sites.
Whatever backend web development framework you choose will depend on what functionalities you want to accomplish and what level of project you have undertaken. This was all about the top four frameworks in 2020. Let us know how these backend web development technologies work out for you in the comments below.
Hariom Balhara is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles for Tireless IT Services. Tireless IT Services is a digital marketing, SEO, SMO, PPC, and web development company that comes with massive experiences. We specialize in digital marketing, web designing and development, graphic design, and a lot more.