Did you know that you can turn on your Samsung TV without even touching the remote? Yes! And it all possible thanks to Alexa. You can use voice commands to completely control your TV. But how can you figure out if your Samsung TV is compatible with Alexa? Here are all the instructions that you need:
Configure the Devices
Start by configuring your Amazon Echo and Samsung TV in the following ways:
- Firstly, finish the setup of the Amazon device and the Samsung TV that you wish to use. Set up Alexa as well.
- After that, link all devices to a similar network. It is critical because you cannot connect the speaker and TV to each other until they are on the exact same Wi-Fi.
- Now, get the application of ‘Samsung SmartThings’ on iOS or Android smartphones.
- Do the same for your Amazon Echo.
Connect the TV to the Samsung Application
Here are the steps for connecting your Samsung TV with the application.
- Firstly, start the Samsung SmartThings app on your device.
- After that, make an account through your email ID, set a password, and additional input info like date of birth, name, and PIN code.
- Once you have done, choose the Devices option through the options present on the menu.
- The application will find the Samsung TV and select it to link with the application.
- Now, check out the ‘connected TV’ option to turn on its smart features.
Connect the Amazon Devices with the Alexa Application
Next, you need to enable Alexa in your Amazon device.
- Start by opening the Alexa application on your mobile phone.
- After that, select the Devices option on the lower side.
- Then select the ‘All devices’ and wait for it to refresh until you see the Amazon Echo device on this window.
- Link the application to the device.
Connect the Alexa with the Samsung TV
Now, you have to connect Alexa with your Samsung TV. You can achieve that in the following ways:
- Open the Alexa app and click on the button at the upper left side to invoke the menu. Then select the Smart Home option.
- Choose Samsung SmartThings skill through the list then select the Enable option to use it.
- Enter your Samsung details to sign in to the account.
- Now, the applications have been connected automatically, and you can now begin providing Alexa voice commands to operate the TV.
With the steps given above, you can easily link your Alexa device with your Samsung Smart TV. Once you have achieved that, you can easily control your TV through voice commands on Alexa.