An Outlook account is vital for sending emails and doing a lot more, and it is considered as a key to online services of Microsoft. The password is needed to access emails, contact lists, calendars, and more. It is required everywhere, whether you are checking any of the services using a smartphone or a web. If you use Microsoft’s online services, you will have to change your password very often to enable better security to your account. Changing passwords regularly will keep your account safe from all the possible threats related to interference. In this article, we have discussed the steps with which you can change the password of your Outlook account. We have also discussed ways to reset your password in case you don’t remember what it was. You can follow the below-mentioned steps on a Windows browser.
How to change your Outlook password
Changing your Outlook password is easy, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step will be to open the Outlook website,
- Click on your initials that you will see on the top right corner of the screen. Since you don’t have to change your password with the help of the Outlook settings menu, you don’t need to click on the cog icon.
- Once you click on the initials, tap on ‘My Account’ in the menu that will appear on the side.
- Once you click on my account, you will be taken out of Outlook and to the main settings menu of your Microsoft Account.
- A grid will appear in which you will have to click on the ‘Security’.
- Once you click on security, select the “Password Security” option. You will then be asked to verify your account, using your phone number.
- Enter the last digits of your mobile number, and then click on the “Send Code” option.
- You will then receive a seven-digit code on your handset that you need to enter in the box appearing for the verification process.
- After entering the code, you will be allowed to change your password. You will need to enter your current password, and below that, you will have to enter your new password two times and then click on the “Save” button. Once you click on the save button, you can now use your new password to access your Outlook account.
How to reset your Outlook password
If in case you have forgotten your Outlook password and even after so many attempts you are not getting it right, then you can reset it. You can do this from the login screen. When you are on the login screen, click on the ‘Forgotten your password?’ option.
You will then be asked to verify your account. The steps for the verification will be the same as the ones mentioned in the above title. However, here you will not be asked to enter your old password. After completing the steps, you can use your new password to access your account.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : Microsoft Outlook Password