After the economic crash that took place in 2009, a large number of banks decided to shut down their money lending business. After that, availing bad credit commercial loans became extremely difficult. But here is good news. Today, you have more finance options than traditional financing, and you can easily avail bad credit commercial loans from a number of private lenders. It is natural that banks and financial institutions always want to provide secured loans, probably because they need to reduce their risk factor. But if you have bad credit history and you want some cash to expand your business, then you can surely go for bad credit commercial finance. Let’s talk more about this kind of financing option available today.
Why lenders provide you bad credit commercial finance?
Traditional lenders usually check the demographic credit history of your business. If they do not find any resource of business profits and growth, they reject your loan application. But private lenders have a tendency to check the future performance of your company along with the present balance sheets, growth plans and expansion strategies of business. These private lenders do not provide you the loan on the basis of your past history, but they check the potential growth of your business and provide you adequate financial support. In this regard, you can search for such bad credit commercial finance from private lenders, and choose the best lender after comparing their interest rate, processing charge, late fines and other charges.
Reasons why banks may reject your loan application
Banks may reject your loan application for a number of reasons. Let’s have a look.
- If you did not repay your previous loan in time and your lender applied to the court for recovery, then it will surely decrease your credit score
- Late payment and non-payment of credit cards or other loans can be listed on your credit history
- If your business is new and if it does not have sufficient credit history, then you may need to produce your personal credit reports to create a history and avail a loan
- If you have applied for several loans within the past 12 months, you lose your eligibility to avail a fresh loan. Your previous loan applications definitely reflect on your credit history, even if they were rejected
- Apart from that, late filing of income tax returns can also decrease your credit score, and lenders will check your outstanding debits before disbursing a fresh loan
Your credit score is calculated on the basis of several factors, including the number of bank accounts you have, types of accounts you operate, your outstanding dues, length of your credit history and your past repayment records. But if you apply for bad credit commercial finance, then private lenders will give full attention to your business plans, gross monthly income, profit margins, capacity of growth and total revenue earned, and consider the possibility of approving your loan application.
Options of bad credit commercial loans options
Now that you have made up your mind to go ahead and apply for a bad credit commercial loan, then here are the available options to consider:
- Unsecure business loans: You can avail unsecure bad credit commercial finance from private lenders without the need to mortgage anything to the lenders. But lenders can charge you additional rate of interest for such loans to secure their account.
- Short term commercial loans: If you have a bad credit score, then lenders can offer you business loans for a short period of time. But if you repay your loan on time, they can even top-up your loan amount and disburse lump sum amount in future. They may also reduce your rate of interest after verifying your repayment capability.
- Secured loans: If you want bad credit commercial finance at less interest rate, then you can go for a secured loan. You need to mortgage some of your assets such as property, vehicles, equipments, machinery or equities to avail such loans.
Apart from that, you can find ample finance options with private lenders. Considering your reputation and repayment capacity, some of them may even customize a loan option for you. Make sure to compare their interest rate and other conditions before applying for bad credit commercial finance.