Working over a multiauthor site is always challenging especially if it is made exclusively for portfolio WordPress theme. You may enjoy working over a multiauthor site but it calls for unending responsibilities. You are automatically designated the job of a manager who is managing through all the author profiles. You serve them as their role model, guiding and assisting them in their activities such as content management and general working of WordPress website.
There are many tools/plugins available for managing a multiauthor website and also for additional features which can add bells and whistles to your website. It is more of a satisfying and rewarding experience not only for the visitors, authors, readers but for you as well. Have a look at some of the plugins which will surely boost your experience in managing a multiauthor WordPress website.
Apt Communication is key player responsible for information sharing and ensuring that all the articles are plagiarism free and no two authors are working over same project. Have a look at the tools.
1. Post Status Notifications: Here the contributor can write and save the posts but thiese posts cannot be published until it has been approved by the administrator. Each time a new post is submitted, the admin is notified via email. Also, the contributors also get email notification when their post is approved by the admin.
2. Editorial Calendar: This is a type of scheduler plugin. This plugin also offers a drag and drop interface for the administrators so as to prevent different authors from publishing together or too close and also to reschedule the posts. This plugin enables the admin to schedule the posts as well as authors and dates when you want to publish the posts.
3. Email Users:By using this plugin, admin can send emails/notifications to all the registered users of the website. This plugin also enables the users to send and receive emails to each others from the dashboard. It also helps the authors of the website to communicate with each other.
4. Author Customization:This plugin extends the author management by providing features such as managing author information per post and customizing user-biography.
In a quest of having a successful website it is really very important to promote the authors in a right way. These tools enable the administrator to promote the author, his social links, his biography and other links etc.
1. Authors Widget: This is more like a widget. When placed over the website it will display the list of authors and all posts published by them with a link to their RSS feeds.
2. NS Author Widget: This plugin is a widget that will be placed over the post by any author and will display detailed information regarding the author. It will also provide his photo, name and links to his other posts as well. This plugin also links the author’s profile on social media with the website.
3. Author Spotlight: This widget generally placed over the sidebar of the post and displays the name, picture and bio of the corresponding author.
4. Author Recent Posts: This plugin provides a widget which will display all the recent posts of the author who’s posts is being read.
Multiauthor website is a good idea to invest upon but it equally requires good communication and management skills to handle multiple authors. The tools listed in this article help you in managing different authors and maintain equilibrium in between them. There are many tools/plugins available for communication, promotion and managing. A right selection will pitch your conversion ratio and your portfolio WordPress theme based website will become an instant hit.