Every program or Application needs compatibility to run on the particular OS to run. When any glitch arises in the way of the smooth functioning of any of the application tool, it crashes. In this case, you may face the error alert while working on Windows 10, “The OS is not presently configured to run this application.”
This error usually arises when trying to launch any of the Office 365 applications just after updating the OS to the latest Windows 10. It’s an annoying error that makes the users irritated and run into other various problems.
If you are also one of them who faces such error issues on Windows 10, then you are on the right spot. Here we came up with complete troubleshooting procedures. Follow them to know more about these guides:
Fixing the Issue by Using File Registry
- First of all, you have to hit the Start tab.
- Then, tap on the Search bar and type the keywords: cmd followed by the Enter key.
- After that, double hit on the option “Command Prompt” to launch and make sure that you have provided all the admin controls for the Application.
- Next, enter “SFC/scannow” into the provided command window.
- Then, hit the Enter button to proceed.
- Now, stay waited for some time as the scanning process is underway to detect the corrupted file once it is solved move forward.
- Finally, reboot the device to accept all the changes.
Performing Windows Update
- In the beginning, hit the Start tab.
- Then input update into the provided search bar and then hit the Windows Update option there.
- Now, search for the available updates and install them as per the recent edition.
- Once the update finishes, reboot the device to save other modifications that you have made.
Note: This method enhances system compatibility and application stability, along with fixing multiple issues.
Troubleshooting MS Office Installation
- Hit the Windows logo and R key simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
- After that, enter the keywords: “appwiz.CPL” into the provided section, followed by the OK button there.
- Scroll your page to downward and the search for the MS Office program there. Hit the option “Change” and then tap on the “Repair” option.
- Choose “Online Repair” or “Full Repair” tab and then wait for some time for the complete repair process.
- When the system finishes repairing process, you have to restart the system.
Note: MS Office application can also be repaired via Control Panel as your Office application might be corrupted just because of the migration process from the OS of Windows 10.
Reinstalling MS Office
- In the first step, you have to download a reliable uninstaller program on your device and remove the infected Office program.
- Then, visit the site of Microsoft Office and now reinstall Microsoft Office on your machine. Make sure to purchase the latest subscription package of MS Office to avail of all the recent updates.
Running MS Office Diagnostics
- Hit Windows and Q key simultaneously and enter MS Office diagnostics, excluding quotes.
- Go to the resulting options and hit the Diagnostics related MS Office.
- Now, abide by the onscreen instructions for fulfilling all the necessary requirements.
- Then hit the option “Start Diagnostics.”
- After that, hit the Close option just after troubleshooting.
Running the Application under Compatibility State
- In the beginning, apply the right mouse click on the Application to launch.
- Now, hit the Properties section there.
- Select the tab “Compatibility” and mark the checkbox for running the program under compatibility mode.
- Go to the pull drop menu and hit the earlier Windows version for running the Application.
- Hit the OK button to launch the program.
Ava Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee products at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : Application