Getting a new computer can be very exciting! But many people find it quite troublesome to transfer the data from their old computer to the new computer. If you are an AOL user and you want to know how to activate your AOL account on a new computer then you are in the perfect place. One of the best things about AOL is that it is compatible with most operating systems and major web browsers. This blog will teach you how to set up your system and access your AOL account using simple steps. You can also receive detailed technical instructions on how to install and Install AOL Desktop Gold through the AOL customer support number.
How Do I Set up AOL Account on Replaced Computer?
The first thing you need to do is to set up the computer’s BIOS firmware. When this is done you can reinstall a compatible Windows operating system. Keep in mind that you would need a ‘Windows device recovery’ tool to complete this task. You can follow the steps below to install the operating system
- Connect the recovery disk or USB in your system.
- Once you press Start, immediately press F12 on the keyboard to open the boot device selection menu.
- Select the required device that contains the recovery software and press ‘Enter’.
You will now need to use the extension or setup files to re-install the software you want, in this case, download AOL Gold based on your subscription.
Steps to Set Up AOL Account on a New Computer
There are two ways to set up your AOL account if you are using a new computer. One is through a CD and the other is through the internet.
Setup AOL Gold via Compact Disk
If you have an AOL software CD you can follow the steps below to install AOL Desktop Gold on your new computer
- Switch ON the new device login in as administrator
- Insert the AOL compact disk and allow the disk to load. The setup should start automatically.
- Search for the .exe file in the drive with CD and start the installation
- Select “Current member” in the setup wizard window click on the option “Adding your existing account to this computer”
- You can select an appropriate folder to set up the existing AOL Desktop Gold software and wait for the software to finish installing
- Remove the installation CD and restart the system.
Now you simply need to connect to the internet and enter your username and password to access your AOL account.
Setup AOL Gold Account via the Internet
When you are done setting up the Windows operating on your new computer you will be able to access all the amazing features of AOL Desktop Gold using the Internet. If you do not have the installation CD you can easily AOL Desktop Gold from the webpage and follow the instructions to access your account.
If you have any difficulty accessing or setting up your AOL account on your new computer you can contact AOL customer support which is available 24 hours day. Good luck!