The least difficult approach to have the mywifiext support is to chat with the mywifiext specialists via telephone. For that, we simply need to dial the toll free number and they will be available for your assistance. When you dial the toll free number, they simply need to determine the model number of the Netgear wifi range extender which you have and the issue you are having with it. From that point onward, the experts will direct you through every one of the means expected to fix the issues with respect to the Netgear remote range extender.There is a very easy way to install your extender from Mywifiext.net but in case you are unable to follow it you can look for easy steps down below.
Step By Step Procedure For Installing Your Extender
- Put your extender in a similar room as the Wi-Fi router to have good connection
- Ensure that you have a live web association originating from the host router.
- Put the extender into an electrical outlet and look for the Power LED to become stable.
- In case it doesn't turn ON, press the On/Off button which will be located on the side panel of the extender.
- Link a wired PC or any remote gadget (wireless device) that has an internet browser (remote PCs, advanced cells, and tablets) to the extender.
- In order to connect wired devices, link an Ethernet cable on the LAN port of the extender and the LAN port LED should squint.
- In order to establish a wireless connection, search for the wireless system name, NETGEAR_EXT which is not secured.
- When the connection is established, the Device Link LED ought to light up strong green.
- Open an internet browser on your device. This will take you to Netgear genie to help you install your extender.
- Note: If you don't see Netgear genie when you open your browser, type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- You will be requested a User Name and Password. Type admin for the User Name and Password for Password.
- You might be taken to another window. Click the next button there
- Select your network from the available networks.
- Click continue after typing the password for your main wireless network
- The SSID is the name of your wireless network by default which is followed by _EXT at the end.
- You can change the SSID according to your choice at any given time. You will be able to see a pop up window which will inform you to keep a different SSID to enhance performance.
- Click ok for the pop up window and uncheck the box that says ‘use the same network SSID’.
- When you have successfully connected your device to the network you need to click finish in order to complete the installation process
- You can now move your extender to the location you prefer but make sure that it is in between the router and the wireless device so that you can have a strong and good uninterrupted internet connection
For iOS and Mac OS X
In order to install the netgear extender you can go to Mywifiext Local. This site is designed specially for the iOS and Mac OS X, so that you may not have any problem while installing using these devices. This is a local web address, and not a regular site, which will help you to install your Netgear extender.