If you share your Mac with a colleague, then that person will be able to access all the information of your user account. You can permit others to sign in to your account as a guest user. But you can also turn off the Keychain on the Mac so that no one can guess your password. Here’s how to turn off Keychain on your Mac.
Steps for Turning Off by Using System Preferences
• Press on the System Preferences option.
• Choose iCloud.
• Go down on the iCloud drop-down list.
• Unselect the Keychain checkbox.
• Now, you will get the pull-down menu on the screen.
• You have different options to do with the passwords such as permanently remove the passwords, use it later on or cancel the passwords.
• The procedure as mentioned above will not do anything with the passwords saved on the other Mac devices.
Steps for Turning Off by Using Safari Browser
• Open the Safari browser.
• Click on the Preferences option.
• Tap on the Cmd and comma keys together on the system keyboard.
• Choose the AutoFill feature.
• Unselect the checkbox near the AutoFill option.
• Edit particular details by pressing on the option located on the right-hand side of the display.
• Now, you have to type the user password.
• Unselect the checkbox next to the “AutoFill usernames and password” option.
• It also permits you to delete details for any particular accounts.
• Press on the account and after that, choose the Remove option from the end of the display.
Steps for Turning Off by Using Chrome Browser
• Go to the Chrome browser
• Press on the Command and comma keys together to access the Preferences option.
• Go to each end of the webpage.
• After that, choose the Advances option.
• Go down and press on the Manage Password option given below the Password and Forms section.
• Tap on the master switch to disable it.
• Make sure that you do not forget to turn off the AutoFill settings option below the Password and Forms column.
Steps for Turning Off by Using Keychain Access
• Click on the Cmd and space keys together on the system.
• Enter “key” in the text field.
• Press on the application showing in the front.
• Open the File.
• Choose the “Delete Keychain login” option
• This procedure will remove all the information you used for sign in to the account.
• In case you wish to delete any particular details, then choose the Secure Notes, Password and Keys below Category section.
• After that, tap on the Delete button.
Peter Rose is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.