As you all know, Google Meet is a video calling or video conferencing application introduced by Google itself. Anyone with a Google account can use Google Meet to plan meetings online or any other personal reasons. Earlier, it wasn’t possible to host a meeting online with a lot of participants, but Google Meet enables you to host and add up to 100 participants, and a meeting can last up to 60 minutes.
Google Meet is not restricted to hosting a conference. Instead, it has a lot more than that. Out of everything else, we shall talk about its ‘Screen Sharing’ feature that is a bit confusing to work with.
As other platforms like Zoom, Skype, etc have the feature called screen sharing, Google Meet has it named as ‘Present Now.’ Most of the people aren’t aware of what this feature does, and further, we’ll talk about the steps to work with the same.
With the help of ‘Present Now,’ you can share your screen with your colleagues on the video call for a lot of purposes like presenting a presentation, sharing a blueprint, etc.
The steps to use the ‘Present Now’ feature in Google Meet are:
- Start sharing your screen anytime. All you need to do is press on the ‘Present Now’ button on the bottom menu of the screen.
- A window with three options will appear: Your entire screen, A window, or a Chrome tab. Select what on your screen you want to share.
- If you select to share ‘Your entire screen,’ tap on the same. Next window will appear with the screen you choose to share. Tap on the ‘Share’ button to follow.
Your entire screen will now appear in the chat window.
- If you select to share ‘A window,’ from the ‘Present Now’ menu, all the current windows on your screen will appear. Select the one that you want to share on a video call and click on the ‘Share’ button.
- For sharing a specific website- for example, YouTube, Facebook, etc. Select the ‘Chrome tab’ option from the ‘Present Now’ button on the toolbar. This option only works with Google Chrome.
Next, all the websites that are opened on your desktop will appear. Select the one you want to share on the video call, and press the ‘Share’ button.
You can also share or not share the audio, as you like. You’ll now see a window with the ‘Presentation Box’ on the top of the window. You can change between the presentation or participant’s view in between the call.
If you want to stop sharing your screen, tap on the ‘You are presenting’ button on the bottom of the screen, and click ‘Stop Presenting.’ You now no longer be able to share your screen with the co-participants.
Source : Google Meet