Now nothing has the ability to keep your computer away from the wifi network, not even the number or the place. All you have to do is, setup the Net gear extender for Mac OS X or iOS devices. First things first! To reach the setup page, use the local web address www.mywifiext.net. This will lead you to the setup page or Netgear smart wizard for the initial stage of setup. One might sometimes face some errors while trying to reach the webpage mentioned above. The error message has a tendency to differ for different browsers. This happens because address mentioned above is a local web address utilized to reach the setup page or genie page or Netgear smart wizard of your Netgear wireless WiFi extender. This error can be easily eradicated. There are a numb er of remedies that one can reach out to. To eradicate any such possibility of error, it is best that one device be physically connected to the other device.
- A different browser might help!
- Check if the extender is connected to the router.
- Check the power connection for the netgear extender.
- Give a shot on resetting the browser if you cannot reach the local web address.
- A static IP address can be another solution.
One the local IP address that is www.mywifiext.net is reached, all you have to do is login to your Net Gear WIFI extender settings.
Simple Error solutions
If you are looking for a simple way out from this error problem, then scroll down to fetch some awesome solutions:
- Setup the connection by keeping the router and the extender in the same room and once done, feel free to take both to any desirable location.
- It is better to try with the default IP address: 192.168.”*”.”*”. In case it still does not work, try out some other browser. Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can prove to be the best choices.
- Try the connection with an Ethernet cable between router and the extender.
If after following all the above mentioned steps, you still have some trouble, just contact the Netgear ext support to fetch help from our Customer support expert.