Call forwarding in one of the most significant features that allow users to forward incoming calls to any another number on the iPhone. It works great for both individuals and businesses, and easy to set up in your iPhone. Whenever you don’t feel like taking a call or don’t want to listen to the sound of incoming calls on your iPhone, you can use this outstanding feature. If you desire to use this feature on iPhone XR but don’t have any idea to activate the call forwarding process, this post will provide you step to step guide. Make the most out of your iPhone XR by enabling call forward feature.
How to enable Call Forwarding on iPhone XR?
You need to activate this feature on your iPhone manually like various other features. Here’s the guide to do enable it:
1. Tap the Phone icon present on your Home Screen.
2. Enter *72 in the blank section first where you usually enter numbers for dialing.
3. Then, add the phone number where you wish to divert your incoming calls along with the area code in the last.
4. Tap on the Call button after that, and wait until you get the confirmation.
5. You are destined to hear short beeps three times, and the call will terminate on its own.
6. The call forwarding feature now activates on your iPhone XR.
It is necessary to have a stable network connection and support from your carrier to activate call forwarding in your device.
The alternative to *72 on iPhone XR?
If the above-given activation process doesn’t work on your iOS device, it is best to consider this alternate method. Follow these instructions to activate call forwarding on your iPhone:
1. Find the Settings app on your iPhone XR.
2. Launch the app and scroll down, you will see the Phone section, tap on it.
3. Check the lists given below Phone, and choose Call Forwarding.
4. Swipe/toggle the Call Forwarding button to activate the call forwarding feature. Ensure that you are under the range of mobile network while setting up iPhone for forwarding calls.
5. If Call Forwarding is enabled, choose the Forward To option by tapping.
6. Enroll the number where you wish to forward your incoming calls.
7. If you see the icon of Call Forwarding in control Center Status Bar, your Call Forwarding feature is activated.
8. Go Back to the Call Forwarding screen if the feature is already active.
As the Call Forwarding feature is initiated on your device, you will not be able to receive calls now. Though, you can give a call to others through your phone. You can turn off the call forwarding feature if you want to get calls on your phone again.
How to Turn Off Call Forwarding on iPhone XR?
If you have changed your mind due to any reason and want to receive calls on your iPhone XR, you can turn off the Call Forwarding feature. Use the guide given below to disable the feature:
1. Again, tap the Phone icon available on the Home Screen.
2. Now, tap Call after entering *720.
3. Wait to listen to three beeps that ensure confirmation.
4. As usual, your call will automatically discontinue, and the feature will be deactivated.
An alternate method to turn off Call Forwarding in iPhone XR:
You can try this alternative option if your *720 code is not working on your device. Follow these steps:
1. Find the Settings app on your Home Screen or inside the phone.
2. Swipe down to see the Phone option, tap on it when you find it.
3. Choose Call Forwarding option available below Phone.
4. To disable Call Forwarding, swipe the Call Forwarding button.
5. Return to the Call Forwarding screen by tapping Back, if the feature is deactivated. You have successfully deactivated Call Forwarding feature on your iPhone XR!
Peter Rose is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.