AirPrint is a feature found in Apple devices that lets you print without the need of a driver. It enables Apple device users to print good quality pictures or documents from their Mac, iPhone, iPad etc. This technology is usually inbuilt with a lot of printer models and among these printer brands, HP is one of them. This feature makes it very convenient for Apple users as they do not have to go through the task of downloading and installing printer drivers in their system. The benefit of this feature is immeasurable but the setup and configuring process is painstakingly lengthy. However, if you know how to perform basic set up and configuring task, then it won’t be a problem for you. But then there are thousands who are constantly looking for help and support. So if you came here looking for instructions on how to set up and configure AirPrint on an HP Printer then you are in luck. By proceeding with this blog you will find the steps that are taken to complete this task. But if you are looking for assistance from experts, you can call HP Printer Customer Care Number.
Before you continue, make sure that your printer and your Apple device is compatible with AirPrint to avoid any complication. If you are using a Mac computer, it should be running on Mac OS X 10.7 or higher and if you are using an iPhone, iPad or iPod, it should have an iOS of 4.2 or newer. Now proceed by following the steps below:
- First of all, you need to connect the Apple device to the corresponding wireless network as the printer.
- Now download the latest printer firmware on the computer. You can download it by going to the official HP support site.
- It is optional, but if you want to change the name of the printer’s AirPrint, you can do that as well to avoid confusion.
- Now, configure the AirPrint on your computer by going to the control panel and selecting the ‘wireless’ menu and click on ‘wireless direct’. Put the setting on ‘default’.
- Click the button that looks like an Apple and choose ‘system preferences’. And under that select ‘print and scan’.
- Now click on the plus sign icon located at the bottom and under ‘nearby printers’ choose your printer’s name.
- Now click on ‘print using’ and select ‘AirPrint’ and finally, click on ‘add’.
If you have followed the steps exactly without missing out on any single one, then you would have successfully set up and configured AirPrint to your computer. However, if you are stuck somewhere and you require technical help, then call HP Printer Customer Service.