Users who want to send a message to any of their friends, need to download the Messenger application. It is beneficial but what about those peoples who do not wish to install this application on their device? You can send Facebook messages without Messenger by following the steps mentioned in this article.
Steps to send Facebook messages without Messenger through the web browser
• Go to the internet browser.
• Open the Facebook online site.
• Sign in to the Facebook account.
• Choose the “Conversations” option located at the upper side of the timeline.
• Now, the Google Play Store window gets open on the screen so that it automatically starts the download procedure of Messenger application.
• Open the “Recent Apps” column in case you are Android user.
• If you are using an iPhone, then click on the Home button to return to the Facebook page.
• Type a message.
• Press on the “X” symbol when Facebook asks you to start downloading the Messenger application again.
• Now, you will get the Conversation webpage on the screen, but the App Store gets open on your display when you press on the follower name.
• You need to click on the “Recent Apps” column till the Facebook do not open the App Store.
• After that, send Facebook messages without Messenger.
This procedure does not work for users who have already downloaded the Messenger application on their phone. In case you still follow this process, then the site will launch the Messenger application rather than opening the App Store.
Steps to send Facebook messages without Messenger through the web browser on your Windows PC
• Click on the web browser.
• Go to the Facebook online site.
• Click on the Sign In option.
• Press on the Messages option located in the menu box.
• Press on the follower name to whom you wish to send Facebook messages without Messenger.
• After that, send a text to that person.
Here are the steps mentioned below to set up the SMS service
• Go to the SMS application on the device.
• Enter “FB” in the message box.
• Enter “15666,” where it indicates “Send to.”
• Now, you will receive a verification code which is sent by Facebook.
• Go to and sign in to the Facebook account from your Windows PC.
• Choose the “Settings” option by going to the menu box.
• Click on the “Mobile” option given on the left-hand corner of the display.
• After the “Mobile Settings” webpage gets open on your screen, search the option which indicates, “Already received a confirmation code?”
• After that, enter a verification code which you have received from Facebook.
• Finish this procedure, and now you have sent Facebook messages without Messenger through SMS service.
Steps to send Facebook messages without Messenger through SMS service
• Click on the SMS application on the device.
• You need to compose a text which you wish to send.
• To write a message you need to follow this format: msg <name of your friend> <your message>
• You have to send a written text to 15666, and the person you have to send a text will receive it in the inbox.
James Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.