Chrome is one of the most prominent browsers across the globe. Peoples from different countries use it for browsing the net. It also means the peoples who don’t know English too use it. Therefore Chrome allows its user to change the default (English) language of their browser. So that people can use Chrome in any language they want. If you also want to use Google Chrome in your own language or any other language, then check the below guide to select your language in Chrome on your Device.
How to select your language in Chrome on Windows
1. Click the ‘Chrome’ icon on your desktop.
2. Allow the browser to open completely.
3. Click the address bar.
4. And enter “chrome://settings/?search=language” (without quotes) into it. You can also copy paste. This opens the language settings page.
5. Now, select ‘Add language.’
6. Find the language in which you want to use the browser.
7. Tick the box of the language you want to apply.
8. Then click on ‘Add.’
9. After that, click on ‘3-dots’ icon of the language.
10. Select the option ‘Display Chrome in this language.’
11. Click the ‘Relaunch’ option, when appears on the language you’ve chosen.
Your language is selected. Now Chrome will close and opens in your language.
Except for Google Chrome for Windows, you can’t select your language in Chrome of any other device, like Mac, iOS or Android. Don’t worry there’s a way to change Chrome’s language in these devices.
How to select your language in Chrome on Mac
Chrome’s language in Mac automatically changes with the device language, means the language you’re using in your Mac will apply to Chrome also. Therefore to change the language of Chrome, turn your Mac’s language.
1. Open ‘System Preferences’ from the Apple menu.
2. Select ‘Language and Region’ into it.
3. Click on the ‘Add’ sign icon on the left side pane.
4. Select a language in which you want to use your Mac and Chrome.
5. Confirm when prompt to use it as the default language.
6. Now, open the ‘Chrome’ browser you’ll see Chrome in your selected language.
Most of the things will be in your language, except the websites that don’t support the language. You can translate these websites to the language you want, here’s how.
1. Start ‘Chrome.’
2. Click the address bar.
3. And enter “chrome://settings/?search=language” (without quotes) into it. You can also do copy paste.
4. Press ‘Enter’.
5. Find the language in which you want to translate the websites.
6. Click on ‘3-dots’ icon of the language.
7. Tick the box of the ‘Offer to translate webpages to this language.’
Now, everything on Chrome is in your language.
How to select your language in Chrome on iOS
To select your language in Chrome on iPhone or iPad, follow these steps.
1. Go to your iOS device’s settings.
2. Open ‘General.’
3. Then select ‘Language & Region’.
4. Select ‘Add language.’
5. Select a language in which you want to use Chrome.
6. Click ‘Edit’.
7. Tap and drag the language to the top in the list.
How to select your language in Chrome on Android
1. Go to your Android device’s settings.
2. Tap ‘Search’ icon.
3. And search for language.
4. Select ‘Languages’ from the result.
5. Select ‘Languages.’
6. Then tap on ‘Add a language.’
7. Select a language in which you want to use Chrome.
8. Tap and drag the language to the top in the list.
This will change the default language of your phone as well as of the Chrome browser.
Aurora is an engineer by day and writer by night. Previously, Aurora worked as a certified technicians for a tech hardware startup. In her free time, she likes to write about printers, routers, web browsers, and other technical stuff. She majorly writes for lexmark, brother, canon printer support etc.
Source: Language in Google Chrome