Your Norton Security software is designed to ensure real-time protection against malware, viruses, and ransomware. Norton Security is very easy to use and includes many features that help users make the most of their computer security. For example, when you enable the Norton Security toolbar, you will be able to view the Norton Safe Web pop-up window on your browser. The Norton pop-up window gives you a security ranking for the website you visit. This article will provide you with an insight into what can be done to recover missing Norton Security toolbar on Google Chrome. Apart from the steps mentioned below, you can also call the norton customer care number and consult an expert in case the error persists and cannot access Norton on Google Chrome.
Steps to update Norton Security
If you find that the Norton Security toolbar is missing on Google Chrome, the first thing you need to do is to ensure you are using the latest version of Norton. You can refer to the steps given below to update your Norton Security software and locate the missing toolbar:
- Step 1: Run Norton Security and go to the My Norton window
- Step 2: Navigate to the main menu and double-click Security
- Step 3: Look for the Norton LiveUpdate option and click on it
- Step 4: Norton LiveUpdate automatically checks for updates
- Step 5: You should run Norton LiveUpdate till you get a notification indicating that Norton has the latest protection updates
When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, you should exit all applications and programs that are open and then restart your computer.
Steps to enable Norton Security toolbar
If you complete the necessary updates for Norton Security but still cannot locate the Norton Security toolbar, you will need to go to your browser setting to enable add-ons. You can refer to the steps given below to enable the Norton toolbar add-on in your web browser:
- Step 1: Run the Google Chrome web browser
- Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Tools’ section and select ‘Manage Add-ons’
- Step 3: Search through the list of currently loaded add-ons
- Step 4: Look for the add-on named ‘Norton Toolbar’ and click on it
- Step 5: Check the status to make sure it reads “Enable.”
- Step 6: If you notice that the toolbar status is disabled, simply click the ‘Enable’ option and then press ‘Close.’
After you change the add-on settings, you can restart your Google Chrome browser and check if the Norton Security toolbar is visible or not. In case you still cannot access the toolbar, and it is still missing from your Google Chrome browser, you can call the norton customer service and speak to a trained technician to get additional technical assistance. Norton experts are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give a detailed step-by-step guide to fix any error related to your Norton Security software.
Read More:- Norton Phone Number