QuickBooks error 6000 can be encountered while making an attempt to open QuickBooks company file. The user can witness a pop- up on the screen with the QuickBooks error code 6000 XXX, and this error would stop the user from opening the company file. At times, QuickBooks -6000 errors can be very much frustrating for the users to tackle.
Keeping that in mind, we have come up with this blog post, where we will be discussing the simple steps to fix this error in no time. However, for expert assistance you can get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks desktop support team via our toll free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370.
What causes QuickBooks error 6000?
- Damaged company files
- Company data file is used by multiple users
- Damaged .TLG file can also cause error 6000
- Incomplete permission to access the company file
- This error could also be seen when the user is trying to convert the company data over internet connectivity
6000 series error
- -6176, 0
- -6000, -107
- -6000, -1076
- -6000, -100
- -6144, 0
- -6120, 0
- -6087, 0
Steps to solve QuickBooks error code -6000
You need to reconstructing damaged folder to resolve error code 6000:
- To begin with, the user is required to create a new folder on the C:\ drive
- The next step is to open the folder that has the company file.
- After that, open the folder that contains the company file.
- Now, trace the .qbw file.
- Once done with that, the user is required to right-click the .qbw file and then select copy option.
- The next step is to open the new folder and then right click the same, and also select the paste option.
- Now, the user is required to set the access permission.
- And lastly, open the QuickBooks desktop and open the file from the new location.
The steps listed above will definitely help the QuickBooks users to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000. However, if the error continues to trouble you, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-969-7370, and they will guide you with the best possible solutions in a single call.
You"ll also like:
Company files in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Desktop 2016