Sticky Notes malfunctioning can take several forms such as the application regularly flashing and not making notes. Furthermore, you can also fail to change the color of the application. In this case, it can rotate into the horizontal position and a few inches away from the desktop screen. This behavior indicates that your application does not work correctly with the drive.
Maybe the driver is outdated or incompatible with the note-taking application. However, another reason could be that the application was installed entirely from an external source. Application settings and any other change can be conflicts with the sticky notes application. If you are not able to use sticky notes application because it is continually flicking, then this blog will help you with a complete solution. Here are several ways to solve your issue, follow the steps given below to solve your flaking sticky notes issue.
Up to Date Graphics Driver
One of the significant problems of flickering the sticky notes is missing, faulty, and corrupted display drivers. The device manager informs you about graphic cards that affect the device you are using in your device, and you need to up to date them immediately to stop the issue.
Follow the steps:-
- Click Win logo + R buttons to open the "dialog box rapidly".
- Enter the command "devmgmt.msc" in the given text field.
- Tap on, OK.
- The "Device Manager" preview on your screen.
- Double-tap on " display adapters."
- You can see the details of your graphic cards here listed on your screen.
- Right-click on the chosen Update drive.
- Choose the option Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for some moments to download the application and installation.
- Reboot your device.
- Now you can use your sticky notes application without any issue.
Disable and Uninstall 3rd Party Antivirus
Sometimes third-party Antivirus is also a reason for flickering the sticky notes in your device.
Here are the steps on how to solve this troubleshoot:-
- Throw the system tray and check the antivirus icon you are using. Disable the antivirus by double-clicking on the icon.
- Click Win logo + I buttons to open the "Window Setting Application rapidly".
- Find the Application category and click on it.
- On the next page, you need to find an external antivirus that is installed on your device.
- Tap on the Uninstall icon.
- These steps altogether remove all your settings from your device, and you can use your sticky notes without any flickering.
Reset Sticky Notes Application
In Windows 10 if any application is creating any issues for a long time, then you need to reset the application. After this, your application will start newly and work smoothly.
Here are the steps to do:-
- Tap right click on the start menu.
- Click on Apps and Features.
- Choose Sticky Notes.
- Tap on the Advanced option.
- Hit the Reset icon.
Remove Third-Party Program
Whenever you install external software in your Windows 10 PC, every software has a different setting that takes place in your operating system. If you are installing any software in your system, it is chances to not computable with your system. This third-party application is wrong in some way that can harm your device.
Here are the steps to how you can remove the external program:-
- Go through the Application setting.
- Find the application from an external source.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- The application will be uninstalled and removing all issues of that application.
- After this process, you can use sticky notes Flickering without any issue.
James Boond is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2014. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate .
Source - Flickering in Windows 10