Patience may be a virtue but not when it comes to working on a computer. With the advancement of technology and the introduction of enhanced features users have grown accustomed to a certain standard when it comes to using computers. That is why it can be quite frustrating when your computer suddenly or even gradually slows down or starts taking time to respond. Dell, being one of the largest computer manufactures today, is no stranger to this particular problem. Whenever your computer is running slowly the first instinct is to call the dell customer service number to sort out the issue. But before you do, you should continue reading this article because it includes some simple troubleshooting steps you can follow to quickly speed up performance on your Dell computer.
Causes of slow performance on Dell computer
Whenever you notice that your Dell device stops responding to technical commands or is taking longer to shut down or restart it is probably because of a system performance issue. To begin with, here are some of the reasons why the error occurred in the first place:
- Fragmented data on the hard disk drive
- RAM memory full
- Outdated device drivers
- Damaged or corrupt operating system files
- Virus or malware issues
- Hardware failure or malfunction
- Compatibility issues between applications
May Also Read -: Dell Printer Helpline Phone Number
Steps to troubleshoot performance issues with Dell computer
Some of the causes mentioned above are relatively minor. Here are some simple troubleshooting steps you can follow to improve the speed of your Dell computer:
- Restart your Dell computer: When you reboot your system you effectively clear the system memory so that all unnecessary applications shut down.
- Hardware test: You can use a built-in or online diagnostics tool to run a hardware diagnostic test to pinpoint any hardware related problems and to follow up on any available troubleshooting steps.
- Check the BIOS: The basic input/output system (BIOS) is the first program to run on your devices and is essential to get your Dell computer up and running. You should routinely update the BIOS for all your devices.
- Windows Files: Dell computer and Microsoft Windows have tools that can help you scan and fix any corrupt or damaged operating system files on your computer. You can also use a DISM tool to check your operating system and update it if required.
- Malware: Viruses, spyware and other malicious threats are, more often than not, the number one cause behind performance issues with Dell computers. You should regularly run a scan to check your PC of any sort of malware that may have infected your computer.
- Reinstall Windows: It is possible that your system is slow on account of an underlying problem with the Windows operating The only way forward would be to reinstall the operating system. You have to keep in mind to back up all your personal data before reinstalling the Windows OS.
If your Dell computer is still slow you can contact dell tech support phone number and speak to a trained expert on how best to resolve the problem.