Several Windows users complain about the issue that prevents them from sharing network file on their Windows 10 PC or laptops. According to reports, the problem mainly occurs in Windows 10 version and prevents users from sharing network file on their PC. If you are among the users facing the same issue then you have come to the right place. Here are some of the best and most effective ways to fix this problem in no time.
By ensuring that certain services are working properly by following the steps listed below;
- Click on the Run prompt box.
- Press on the Windows and R keys together.
- These keys are given on the computer keyboard.
- Enter “services.msc” in a new box.
- Choose the OK button.
- This button opens the Services menu.
- Additionally, you have to visit the Control Panel.
- For this procedure, find the Control Panel in the Start option.
- Or, find it through the Start option search bar.
- Set the “View by” option, and you can go through this procedure once the Control Panel gets open.
- This option is provided at the upper right-hand of the menu.
- Set the View by option into the Large icons.
- Slide down till the Administrative Tools appears on the desktop.
- Press on Administrative tools.
- Find the Services shortcut option.
- This option is given at the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Press and launch it.
- Find the Function Discovery Provider Host option.
- Or, find the Function Discovery Resource Publication services.
- Find it on the menu list.
- Right-click on every option.
- Choose Properties.
- The pop-up menu will display on the screen.
- In case you have begun the services already, prevent it by pressing on the Stop option.
- This option is given in the center of the screen.
- Change the Startup type menu into the Automatic menu.
- Verify the prompt box that will show when adjusting the startup type.
- Press on the Start option.
- This option is provided in the center of the window.
- You will face the below-mentioned error while pressing on the Start menu:
Windows could not start the service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
In case this is occurring, follow the steps listed below to resolve it:
- Launch the service properties menu.
- Click on the Log On option.
- Press on the Browse option.
- Enter the name of the account.
- You need to go below the “Enter the object name to select” checkbox.
- Choose the Check Names option.
- Let the name to show up on the screen.
- Press on the OK button.
- Enter the password in the Password checkbox.
- It might be possible that the network file sharing problem in Windows 10 is fixed or not.
By allowing ownership and permissions for the problematic folders
- Click on the Libraries entry option.
- Click on the folder saved on your PC.
- Press on This PC.
- This is given at the left-hand corner of the window.
- Click on the folder which is occurring this issue.
- You have to follow the same steps for other folders also.
- Allow ownership for the folder.
- You have to right-click on the folder.
- Press on the Properties option.
- 10 Press on Security.
- Press on Advanced.
- The Advanced Security Settings menu on the desktop.
- Press on Change URL.
- This is given near to the Owner title.
- On the screen, you will get the Select User or Group menu.
- Choose the user account using the Advanced option.
- Enter the user account indicating ‘Enter the object name to select.’
- Press on the OK button.
Robert Hunt is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : File Sharing Problem in Windows 10