Microsoft Store is among the most essential components of the Windows 10 operating system. It has a feature to allow the user to download and updates several applications on the computer. It is an efficient platform, but sometimes you can face an error on it. The issue arises while you try to download or update an application. The error code displays 0x80131500 and here is how you can fix it.
What is MS Windows Store Error 0x80131500?
You can get the error 0x80131500 notification when you try to install and updates new applications on the MS Store. You may cancel it at times, but it can resurface again and again. This blog will help you easily fix the issue.
How to Fix Error 0x80131500
The issue arises due to multiple causes, meaning the resolution process is multi-level as well. Here is how to do it properly:
How to Solve Error 0x80131500 on Windows 10
- Via Windows Store Troubleshoot
- Reboot MS store Cache
- Regularly check Date and Time
- Changing Region Setting on PC
- Internet Connection Changing
1) Via Windows Store Troubleshoot
Here are the steps on how to fix the issue of error 0x80131500 via Windows Store troubleshoot:-
- Tap the Win + R key together on your keyboard to run the command.
- Write control panel in the field and tap OK option or tap Enter.
- A Window will appear on your device. Check the category chosen under the View shown on the top of your computer screen.
- Now tap on System and Security.
- In the action Centre tap on "Troubleshoot Common Computer problem."
- Tap on Hardware and Sound and then write Windows Start application in the search bar.
- Now, press Yes on the section that popup in the search result.
- When the dialog box opens, tap the Advanced link and ensure that the boxed is ticked for Apply repair automatically.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
2) Reboot MS Store Cache
Here are the steps on how to reboot the MS store Cache to fix the issue of error 0x80131500:-
- Launch the Start menu.
- Write CMD in the search field.
- Right-tap on command prompt in the list and choose Run as Administrator.
- Tap Yes when the user account control appears.
3) Regularly Check Date and Time
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via check date and time:-
- Start the setting application by tapping the Win+I button together on the keyboard.
- Tap on date and time. It is shown in time and language.
- On the right of the Window, tap on the toggle to switch Onset time and Zone automatically if your time and date will not match with the option switch off the option and choose the right time zone.
- Tap on the toggle to switch on the option that asks Set Time automatically.
4) Changing Region Setting on PC
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via changing region setting on PC:-
- Launch the setting application by clicking the Win+I button together on the keyboard.
- Tap on the time and language and choose Region and language.
- Choose the correct country and region within the drop-down menu.
- Reboot your PC and check whether the issue has resolved or not.
5) Internet Connection Changing
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via internet connection changing:-
- Launch the Start menu and write “Internet” in the search field.
- Now, tap the option on the result.
- Move to the advance tab.
- Scroll the list up to down and untick the checkbox for Use SSL3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.2.
- Tap Apply.
- Hit OK.
- Close the all current Window and reset your PC.
6) Creating a New User Account
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via creating a new account:-
- Start the Setting application by tapping Win+I button together on the keyboard.
- Visit the account section and then tap on the Family and another user.
- Now tap on the option that says Add someone else into the Computer.
- Tap on the "I don't have this person's login info" and tap on the link to add the new username and password for the new account without Microsoft account.
- Select the username and type the password of the new account.
- Tap the Next option.
- Now you need to switch off the new account and check the issue still available in the MS store.
7) Re-Register MS Store Using PowerShell
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via Re-Register MS store using PowerShell:-
- Launch the Start menu.
- Enter PowerShell in the search field and right tap on the icon when the result appears on your screen.
- Choose " Run as administrator.
- Tap the Yes button when the user accounts Control popup on the screen.
- In the next windows copy and paste the command appear on the screen and Enter it, and re-register the Windows MS store application.
- When the process is completed, close your current windows, and reset your Computer.
8) Changing DNS Setting
Here are the steps on how to fix error 0x80131500 via changing the DNS setting:-
- Right-tap on the start menu and then tap on Control panel in the list appear on the screen.
- In control panel, make sure category is chosen in the "View by," and then tap on the Network and Internet.
- Tap the Network and Sharing Centre.
- Tap on the Charge adapter setting on the left of the page on the screen.
- Right-tap on the current connection and choose Properties in the context menu.
- Tick the checkbox to get Internet Protocol Version 4, and choose it and tap on the properties option.
- When the new Box appears, choose the option that asks "Use the following DNS server address."
- Now open DNS, write 126.96.36.199 in the DNS server field and 188.8.131.52 in the similar DNS server field.
- Tap the OK button and close the current Windows.
James Boond is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2014. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate .
Source : - MS Store Error 0x80131500