Hulu provides a video streaming service that includes broadcast videos along with on-demand videos. Hulu can be accessed on web-enabled smart TVs, TiVo, PCs, laptops, gaming consoles, and many more devices. This media streaming giant is hugely popular and is a great way to watch TV shows, movies, and a lot more. But, what happens when you want to watch your favorite TV show on Hulu but it is giving playback error?
Hulu playback errors are not too difficult to resolve. Let us go through some potential solutions for this problem. After all, you want to make the most out of your monthly Hulu subscription.
Hulu playback issues can happen when the application is not able to get in touch with the Hulu servers, or when the servers are not able to give any video stream.
Hulu playback errors often appear when there are problems with the device, network, or software and they can be easily fixed.
In some instances, these errors appear because of problems on Hulu’s end. Therefore, if you confront any playback issue on Hulu, and you have made every fix you could have, then the problem lies in Hulu.
Fix for Hulu Playback Error
In case you desire to eliminate issues that you can troubleshoot yourself, then here is what you should do when you confront Hulu playback errors:
Step 1: Make sure that the internet speed is sufficiently fast for streaming.
In case the internet connection is slow, then the videos might start stuttering, buffering, and in some cases, will not even start playing.
- Normal Hulu videos need 3Mbps.
- For Hulu with Live TV subscribers, it is recommended to have a speed of 8 Mbps.
- In case you do not know your internet speed, then you can easily check it online.
Step 2: Reboot the streaming device and network equipment
- Completely turn off and unplug the device along with your networking equipment.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Plug the equipment and device back.
- Switch them on and see if the playback error still appears.
Step 3: Connect to the internet using a wired connection
- Hook up the streaming device to the router or modem using an Ethernet cable.
- In case the playback error gets resolved, then you can just use the wired connection for streaming Hulu. Or else, place the wireless router near the streaming device.
Step 4: Kick all the connected devices off the network
- In case a number of devices are connected to the network, you need to disconnect them. Remove all the smartphones, controllers, and other gadgets from the home network.
- Keep the Wi-Fi network secure and reset the password. Ensure that no device gets connected to the network without you knowing about it.
- In case doing this fixes the playback error, then you should consider getting a dual band or tri band Wi-Fi router. Or just get a Wi-Fi router that lets you prioritize streaming traffic.
Step 5: Tweak the Wi-Fi router settings
- If the Wi-Fi router lets you prioritize streaming traffic or your streaming device, then allow it prioritize the device you use to stream Hulu.
- You may also attempt to tweak the domain name server settings on the Wi-Fi routers.
In case the Hulu playback error persists even after applying all the fixes listed above, then you need to delete and reinstall the Hulu app on the streaming device.