The system settings are changed from the Library folder on your Mac, whenever you’ve to fix issues with it. The Library folder is hidden by default, and it can be a grind to locate the same.
Note: You must keep a backup for your library folder as a lot can go wrong if it gets deleted.
There are three methods by which you can locate the library folder on your Mac that shall be discussed below, along with the steps.
Method 1: Locate the Library Folder from the ‘Go’ menu
The steps to locate the library folder using the ‘Go’ menu are:
- Tap on the ‘Go’ menu on the top of your screen in Finder.
- Press the ‘Option’ key while you click on the ‘Go’ menu, this will make the ‘Library’ option appear on the menu.
- Tap on the ‘Library’ button from the list, and you’ll be headed to the library folder.
Method 2: Use ‘Go to’ option to reach the Library Folder
The steps to directly land to the library folder are:
- Click on the ‘Go’ menu on the top of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Go to Folder’ option from the list pop-up menu.
- A ‘Go to the folder’ dialog box will appear. Type ‘~/Library’ in the textbox.
- Click on the ‘Go’ button.
- You’ll be headed to the library folder.
Method 3: use Keyboard shortcut to view hidden folders
You can use a Keyboard shortcut to view the hidden library folder on your Mac. Open the home folder in Finder, and press ‘Command + Shift + .’ keys on your Keyboard. The library folder, along with other hidden folders, will appear in the dialog box. You can press the same keys again to hide the folders again.
How to pin the Library folder to be always visible?
If you’re a regular visitor to the library folder, you can choose to pin and make it always visible instead of searching for it every time. The steps to make the library folder always visible are:
- Go to the ‘Finder’ window.
- Click on the ‘View’ option.
- From the menu at the top of the screen, select ‘Show view options.’ The Keyboard shortcut for this step is to press ‘Command + J’ keys on your Keyboard.
- A new dialog box will appear. Tap on the checkbox for ‘Show Library Folder’ to mark the same and enable the feature.
Once you’ve enabled the ‘Show Library Folder’ option, the folder will appear in the ‘Finder’ as well as home screen both, until or unless you choose to disable it.