Email hacking is one of the most threatening cybercrimes that can result in data theft and online scams. AOL email has been giving quality service to the users with its exceptional features. But in case you find any suspicious activity with your account, it might have got hacked. In order to avoid any problem, it is highly recommended to reset the password before the hacker makes changes to your account. This blog will help you delete your hacked AOL account with some simple troubleshooting steps. If you are unsure about the account information, you can still be safe. Just ring up AOL customer care number and ask the experts for a correct procedure that you can follow to overcome the problem.
Methods to delete a hacked AOL account:
Method 1: Reset the password
- Visit My Account on AOL and then hit “Forgot Password.”
- Provide your AOL username/email address in the required field
- You need to type the words from the CAPTCHA image and click on “Next.”
- Select how users will confirm ownership of their email account
- If you select phone, simply enter your mobile number and provide the code sent by AOL
- If you choose email address or security question as to the password recovery option, follow the steps accordingly
- Enter a new password and confirm it. Then, proceed.
Method 2: Remove your AOL username
- Open any reliable web browser and go to the AOL My Account page
- Access your AOL account with the correct username or email ID and the new password.
- Give answer to your Account Security Question and proceed by clicking on ‘Continue.’
- You will have to select the Additional Screen Names box to locate the AOL name; you want to delete it.
- Hit on the small red ‘X’ icon in order to remove the AOL account.
Method 3: Remove the paid AOL account
- Visit the AOL My Account page again and access your account
- Answer the account security question and then click on ‘Continue’ to move further
- Select “I Already Have a High-Speed Connection” and see the plans
- Check your current AOL paid subscription details.
- Hit the “Cancel My Billing” option, which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Switch to a lower-cost plan after the confirmation page opens.
- Select an appropriate reason for canceling the subscription
- Tap on “Cancel My Billing” option again and convert your AOL account to a free account
Method 4: Remove Free AOL Account
- Log into your account using the correct AOL credentials
- Answer Account Security Question correctly and then proceed
- After that choose the option to show that you already have a reliable internet connection
- Tap on “View Plans” and check the subscription information you are currently using.
- Click on the “Cancel” button and then start the cancellation process.
- Go through the text to cancel your AOL subscription.
- Finally, click on ‘Cancel AOL’ after giving an appropriate reason.
Keep one thing in mind that when you permanently delete your AOL account, you won’t be able to undo anything. If these steps are not helping you out, contact AOL technical support to get additional help from experts.
Read more – AOL customer service number
Source URL: How to delete a hacked AOL account