When you browse any websites, then you may get pop-ups. You can stop ads on the Opera browser by downloading Adblock, Adblock Plus or Adguard on the device. This adblocker will help you to block pop-ups on the webpages. In case still you are getting ads on your preferred websites, then there is adware on the device which you should remove.
Steps to Stop Ads and Pop-Ups
- Press on the Opera menu bar and after that, choose “Get extensions.” By clicking on this, it will open a new page on the desktop. Now, some of the ads get blocked from the Opera internet browser. The feature of blocking extension will help you to remove all the pop-ups from the browser.
- Blocking ads on smartphones is difficult. For this procedure, you will require an Adblock Plus application on the smartphone.
- Find the “Adblock.”
- Select an ad blocker that best fits your preferences. You will see that AdVlock has more ratings from others. It is a reliable ad blocker. You have to choose one of them as your preference. You can only download ad blocker on the device such as:
- Adblock Plus
- Press on the “Add to Opera” option given on the add-on webpage. You will get the symbol by waiting for a few seconds. You will get an alert when the download procedure gets completed on the device. After the ad blocker is downloaded on the device, now you can browse ad-free on the Opera browser.
- Tap on the ad blocker symbol and after that choose the “Options” button of changing the network settings. It will open a new page on the browser which will permit you to arrange the ad blocker that having an advanced feature.
- Adblock will permit you some pop-ups which are named as “non-intrusive.” Anytime, you can disable this by going to the Options menu bar so that you will not get any pop-ups on the Opera browser which is downloaded on the device.
- Permit ads on the preferred websites. Most of the websites permit adds to remain online. If you wish to turn off the ad blocker for the preferred websites so that you can get income from those websites.
- Press on the ad blocker option and after that, choose the “Don’s run on this page” option. It will make the ad blocker to remain online for the entire websites which you browse on Opera browser.
Deam Jones is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.