The Dell Printer offline error is a common technical error that usually occurs when your printer firmware is not updated for a long time. The offline error could also be caused because of a problem with the network connection or the print spooler service. If you do not want the offline error to be an obstacle to your work, you can follow the solutions given in this article to get your Dell Printer back online. If you need a more advanced solution for the offline error, you can call the dell technical support and consult a professional printer expert to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Solutions to fix Dell Printer Offline Error
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
The offline error could be caused by a connection issue with the printer cables or the network. You can have a look at the steps below to review your Dell Printer connection:
- Step 1: Restart the Dell printer and check if the printer USB cable is secure.
- Step 2: Connect a different device to the USB port to see if it is working.
- Step 3: See if your wireless Dell printer and computer use the same network.
- Step 4: Make sure none of the Dell Printer cables are loose or damaged.
- Step 5: Check the lit-up wireless icon and see that the printer is connected.
Solution 2: Update the Dell Printer Firmware
If the printer firmware is outdated, you will encounter quite a few errors. You can follow the steps given below to update the Dell Printer firmware and troubleshoot the offline error:
- Step 1: Open the web browser and visit the Drivers and Download webpage
- Step 2: Download the latest firmware and extract the necessary files.
- Step 3: Run the Firmware Update Utility and click the firmware to update.
- Step 4: Choose your Dell printer model and click the ‘Update’ option
- Step 5: Leave the printer on and wait while the firmware is updating.
May Also Read -: Dell Printer Phone Support
Once you update the firmware for your Dell Printer, you can restart your computer and check if the offline error is fixed.
Solution 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
Another reason why your Dell Printer shows offline is because of an error with the Print Spooler. You can refer to the instructions below to restart the Print Spooler:
- Step 1: Open Start menu and type “services.msc.”
- Step 2: Look for the Print Spooler item and check the service status.
- Step 3: Right-click the Print Spooler service and click the ‘Restart’ option.
- Step 4: Close the services window and restart your computer.
If you have any trouble implementing the solutions mentioned above, or if you find that your Dell Printer is offline even after using the above solutions, you can call the dell tech support and ask for additional technical assistance. Printer experts are available 24 hours a day and will be happy to help you sort out any error you may encounter while using your Dell Printer.