Quickbooks database server manager is also known as intuit personal database manager tool. This tool makes easy to create network data files for each and every company file on the host system or on the host workstation. This is directly related to the Quickbooks desktop software, if you want to use the multiple desktop version of Quickbooks then you have to install this tool, without using this tool you can’t able to use Quickbooks desktop. To install, setup, and update Quickbooks Server Setup follow the below procedure. Before starting the procedures you have to know that, what are the uses of Quickbooks database server manager?
Steps to Install Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Let’s start the installation procedure by following these below steps:
- At first, go to your host computer and search for the Quickbooks Installer.
- Double-click on the Installation wizard to open it.
- If there is internet access in your host computer then you can download and update, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- If there is no internet access in your host computer then click ‘No’ and then ‘Next’.
- After that close all the programs in the background and click ‘Next’.
- Read and accept the ‘Software license Agreement’, and click the ‘Next’.
- After that, choose the customer or Network Options and select an installation type.
- Now choose the ‘Yes allow access’ option and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation process.
- Now your installation is complete, its the time to set up the Quickbooks database server manager. In the below procedure, you can understand that, ‘How to set up Quickbooks database server manager?
Steps to Setup Quickbooks Database Server Manager:
- In the setup process at first, scan the folders or files, which are to be configured for multi-user access from the QBDSM tool.
- Confirm that the company files are properly configured to provide access to multiple users.
- If you want to add a new Quickbooks company file in the server, you can use the service administrative tool and can keep the database server manager up-to-date.
- Now check that the company files are connected to the server and the users are logged into ‘company files’.
- In some cases, users want to change their service status, in this case, use the ‘Service Administrative Tool and configure it.
- Finally, you can apply the Update and download features for Quickbooks Server Setup.