The bichectomy consists of a cosmetic surgery treatment that is based on the extraction of the Bichat balls, Cheek Reduction also known as fat bags, making the rounded appearance of the face by bulging cheeks disappear immediately. However, there are several advantages and disadvantages obtained in this procedure, of which the following are cited:
Advantages of bichectomy:
- It is a non-painful process: This aesthetic treatment only amounts to an estimated time of 45 minutes, being completely favourable for those who want fast and completely effective results. Local anesthesia is used, making the pain minimal.
- Its duration is permanent: Unlike conventional aesthetic treatments, this is one of those that show permanent results, that is, for a lifetime. With this process, the features tend to change instantaneously making the face look finer and more stylized.
- It's not complicated: This process is really simple. Once the Cheek Reduction Surgery is over, with 2 days of rest you will get back to the daily routine and all the activities without problems and the best part is that it does not usually leave scars.
- It can be done to men and women: This intervention can be done without limitation of sex, as well as it is very sought after by women, men are not left behind when appearance and a good smile is involved.
- The results are instantaneous: The results are obtained once the surgery ends. However, at the beginning changes may not be reflected by the inflammation seen in the cheeks, but once it is deflated, the modifications will be visible and definitive.
Disadvantages of bichectomy:
- Aesthetic inconformity: This is one of the disadvantages that can commonly appear after surgery, because in many cases you did not expect the change to be so minimal or so abrupt; for which many opinions are expected but mainly that of the patient.
- Prolonged inflammation: The surgery wound can often become long lasting, which means that there is a greater chance of alterations in the skin of the incision and it may be due to the excess of manipulation that originates after the consumption of food that is not suitable for the postoperative period or the consumption of non-permitted substances such as tobacco.
- Injury of facial vessels : In many of the cases, the anatomical variants of each patient may be present and injure some branch of the nerves in the area, as happens with the facial nerve may be the case, allowing paresis or parenthesis of the muscles from that region and can even affect the sensitivity of the whole area.
- Bruising in the region: Another of the disadvantages that can happen with bichectomy aesthetic surgery are the hematomas that appear days after the technique is performed, as a consequence of the manipulation of the area and its adjacent regions.
The disadvantages can vary in intensity and each of them must be accompanied by a specific management in order to make it last as little as possible and bring the least amount of possible consequences.
The surgeon for bichectomy can also do the treatment of Arm Liposuction
and Abdominal Liposuction.