Before we go into talking about 6 unexpected reasons that cause erectile dysfunction, let us first try to get the answer to…
What Is The Main Cause Of Erectile Dysfunction?
Today, all over the world, there are about 150 million men who suffer From ED. But the truth is that, there is no single cause, due to which men all over the globe, suffer from erectile dysfunction. Various men would suffer from male sexual impotence, due to various reasons. So, if one man is suffering from ED for one reason, it does not mean other men will also be suffering from reason of weakness in man, for the very same reason.
There are many reasons why men all over the planet suffer from impotence in men and these are inclusive of:
- Physical causes.
- Psychological causes.
Most people have no clue as to what causes erectile dysfunction. In fact, there are some men who do not even know that they are suffering from ED. And then there are those men, who know that they are suffering from weakness of man in bed, for the simple fact that they have seen the warning signs of erectile dysfunction in themselves and they are well aware of them – but they have an ego that tells them that nothing is wrong with them. But for now, let is take a look at…
6 Unexpected Reasons That Cause Erectile Dysfunction
You may be suffering from ED for a reason that you never ever imagined was possible. Here are 6 unexpected reasons why you may be suffering from ED:
- High Blood Pressure And Medications Used To Treat High Blood Pressure: If your blood vessels are healthy and there is good enough blood flow entering your penis, this is sufficient enough to give you a good hardon. But if the blood pressure shoots up, this could lead to your blood vessels being damaged. And because of this, they get less elastic and their capability of transporting the same volume of blood, quickly, diminishes. There are also certain medicines that are used to treat high blood pressure, medicines like diuretics and beta blockers which can increase your chances of getting erectile dysfunction.
- Infected Gums: How can gums that are infected cause you to suffer from ED? Studies have shown that if you suffer from gum diseases or you have chronically inflamed periodontitis, you have an increased chance of suffering from ED. There was a recent study done on mice, which suggests that there is a link between ED and gum diseases. But what this connection between gum disease and erectile dysfunction in humans is, is not clear till now. If a person suffers from gum disease, this is a sign that the person has poor health in general and this has been linked to the person having an increased risk of suffering from heart disease, which happens to be yet another indicator of a risk factor for ED.
- Medicines Taken For Enlarged Prostate And Hair Loss: There are some medicines which when used to treat an enlarged prostate and hair loss in men, can lead to a man suffering from loss of libido and erectile dysfunction. These medicines work by decreasing the amount of dihydrotestosterone that circulates in the blood. Dihydrotestosterone is the sex hormone of males, which helps a man in keeping his sex drive.
- Cycling: If you spend too many hours cycling, that too without changing your position, this can result in damage to your nerves and this can give rise to erectile dysfunction.
- Male Friends And Colleagues: Her male friends, your male friends, her male colleagues, your male colleagues – they can cause you to suffer from ED. Yes, no matter how hard you might find this to believe, studies have shown that this is true. Your wife or fiance or sexual partner spending more time with male friends - yours or hers and colleagues - yours or hers, is a condition that can cause you to suffer from erectile dysfunction. Studies indicate that if your wife or fiancé got closer to friends or colleagues, your chances of you keeping an erection or even getting it, can be much lower, as compared to a man whose wife or partner did not associate with male friends or male colleagues.
- High Levels Of Cholesterol: If your level of cholesterol is high, it increases your chances of you getting atherosclerosis, a condition in which the arteries become narrow and also clog. And the result is the reduction in the flow of blood. Because of this, the arteries which are present in your penis, are not able to let enough blood flow into your penis, to give you an erection.
Other Erectile Dysfunction Causes
There are many other reasons why you could suffer from erectile dysfunction and some of these are:
- Smoking: This leads to damage of your blood vessels, inclusive of those blood vessels that supply blood to your penis. Without blood flowing in to your penis, you would not be able to get an erection.
- Peyronie’s Disease: This disease causes your penis to be curved and when you get an erection, it gives you a lot of pain and thus causes you to suffer from ED.
- Diabetes: If you have diabetes, your nerves and blood vessels are affected. And due to this, you are at an increased risk of suffering from ED.
- Medicines: ED can also take place as a result of it being the side effects of some medicines used such as medicines for epilepsy, medicines used to lower cholesterol, antipsychotics, medicines used to treat high blood pressure and antidepressants.
- Depression: When you are depressed, it can cause you to lose interest in having sex and lead to you suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Relationship Issues: You may be facing relationship issues with your sexual partner or with some other people in or out of the house or even at your job and this could also be a reason for you to suffer from ED.
- Loss Of Interest In Your Partner: You may no longer like your partner, the way you once used to and this could also lead to you suffering from ED.
- Anxiety And Stress: If you are stressed out or if you are anxious about some things in your life, you could suffer from ED.
No Matter Why You Are Suffering From Erectile Dysfunction
What you need to remember is, irrespective of why you may be suffering from ED, there are millions of men all over the globe who are also suffering from the very same issue as you are. In fact, ED is one of the most common sexual problems faced by men all over the world.
But, no matter why you might be suffering from ED, if you know you are experiencing sexual dysfunction symptoms, it is very important that you see a doctor and get erectile dysfunction treatment, as neglecting it can cause you more problems than you could ever imagine! So, whether you are suffering from ED due to some of the most common reasons or one of the above 6 unexpected reasons that cause erectile dysfunction, be sure to seek treatment!
If you want to get more detail about ED and men impotence then have a peek here: EDBalance.