When you are injured on the job, you may be entitled to worker’s compensation benefits that can help cover the cost of various medical expenses. Worker’s compensation benefits can be short-term or long-term. They could be awarded for job-related injuries and even illness. Benefits can cover dura-medical equipment, prescriptions, surgeries, hospital stays, x-rays, chiropractic care, and more. Depending on the events that led up to the accident, you may be entitled to other benefits related to the event. Most people are unaware of their personal rights and what they are legally entitled to when they report a work-related injury. If a work-related injury or illness does occur due, you should always seek legal counsel from a trusted workers compensation attorney in Idho. If you live in Pocatello, Idaho, you can trust the experienced professionals at Baker And Harris Law who understand the Idaho Worker’s Compensation Fund requirements and your personal rights.
During your initial consultation, you want to be sure to ask your attorney important questions that will help you better understand your case and how your attorney is prepared to help you. Be sure to ask these five important questions during your appointment:
- Do you have experience in similar cases to mine? Don’t assume that this attorney is the best one for your case. Not every attorney specializes, or has experience, handling workers comp cases. Make sure you ask your attorney how much experience he has and his success rates.
- Is it necessary for me to hire an attorney? It is always good to have legal representation from a professional who understands the laws and your rights. But ask your attorney why, in your particular case, it is beneficial to hire legal help.
- What are your fees if my case is won and if it is not? You should always be prepared by knowing your financial responsibility when hiring an attorney. Ask him for a breakdown of cost and when each payment is due. Misunderstandings in financial responsibility and payments could result in your attorney leaving the case during a crucial time.
- How long does it take to settle a case and will it go to trial? Your claim may be settled outside of court without having to go to trial. If this happens, your attorney will help you understand the settlement offers from the insurance company and will guide you on the best course of action. He will let you know the benefits and consequences of settling outside of court.
- What should I say to my doctors, employer, or claims administrator? It is important not to speak with any claims person about your injury without your attorney present. Your attorney is more than likely going to be the one communicating with anyone regarding the case, but ask your attorney for advice before you leave your consultation. Sometimes, words can be taken out of context or twisted and that could damage your case. Don’t speak with anyone until you have consulted with your attorney.
If you are entitled to workers compensation benefits in Pocatello Idaho, Baker And Harris Law has the expertise and experience to he